Guidelines for our patrons:
To make an interlibrary loan request, please fill out our online request form.
Interlibrary Loan is a cooperative service among libraries for borrowing materials. Items requested are located, ordered, and, if available for loan, shipped by the State Library Van Delivery Service. ILL services are offered to all patrons who have a current library account that is in good standing, up to date, and fine free. The librarian will call you when your requested item is available or if it is not available.
Things to keep in mind:
- We cannot request new books that have been published in the last six months.
- If the item is available, it will take between 2-4 weeks. It may take longer if the item is checked out at one of the other libraries.
- Patrons may request up to 3 items
- Once notified, the borrower has seven (7) days to pick up the item(s). Interlibrary loans are due on the date indicated by the lending library. There is a $1.00 per day overdue fee for interlibrary loans.
Loan Period: Determined by the lending library
Renewals: Only if approved by the lending library, please contact the ILL coordinator to request a renewal.
Limit: 3 requests at a time
Fine: $1.00 (one dollar) per day, per items
Maximum Fine: $5.00 (five dollars) per item. Replacement fees will be charged for lost items.
Guidelines for lending to other Libraries:
The Pelham Public Library has a deep commitment to the principles of interlibrary Loan (ILL) as established by the New Hampshire State Library.
- The library endeavors to make available the broadest range of materials for interlibrary loan. The library will not loan materials that have been published within the last six (6) months.
- The library will send any requested item to the borrowing library on the next NHAIS van whenever possible. Van delivery and pick up at the Pelham Public Library is on Tuesday(s) except holidays observed by the New Hampshire State Library
- The loan period will be six weeks unless otherwise specified. Renewals will be granted unless the material is needed by another patron of the library.
- Respond to all ILL requests within 3 working days by filling or denying the request, or by acknowledging a reserve.
- Borrowing libraries shall assume responsibility for returning materials in the same condition as received or compensating the Pelham Public Library for damages as requested.
- Reserve the right to refuse ILL privileges to any library shown to be habitually late in returning borrowed materials.
- Bill any borrowing library for the full replacement cost of material(s) overdue by more than two months.
Pelham Public Library
24 Village Green
Pelham, NH 03076
Jen Rafferty/ Interlibrary Loan Coordinator
NHAIS code: HSGC