Guidelines For Our Patrons:
Looking for an item we don’t have? To make an interlibrary loan request, please fill out our online request form.
Loan Period: Determined by the lending library
Renewals: Only if approved by the lending library, please contact the ILL coordinator to request a renewal.
Limit: 3 requests at a time
Fine: $1.00 (one dollar) per day, per items
Maximum Fine: $5.00 (five dollars) per item. Replacement fees will be charged for lost items.
The Pelham Public Library has a deep commitment to the principles of interlibrary Loan (ILL) as established by the New Hampshire State Library. We endeavor to do our best to respond to the needs of our patrons outside the scope of our own collection, and to assist other libraries in doing the same. Please make note of the following guidelines:
- We ask that your account be in good standing, all information up to date, and for you to be fine- and overdue-free at the time of your request.
- We do not request items that are under 6 months old. Please feel free to request after this period has ended.
- Patrons may only have 3 requests active at a time. This includes requests both pending and received. Any requests beyond this will be processed only after one of the active requests has been returned.
- Patrons will be contacted when items are ready to pick up, or if there is another issue with the request.
- We will look for any ILL request in-state first. In-state materials are delivered every Tuesday via the New Hampshire State Library Van Delivery Service. If your item has come in on the van, you will usually be notified within 48 hours. If you are not notified, please allow another week.
- Most items are available within the state. There is no charge for items loaned to you from within the state of New Hampshire.
- In-state materials may take 2-4 weeks to arrive. If your item takes longer than this, please contact our Interlibrary Loan Librarian.
- If your item is not available within the state of New Hampshire, we will notify you. You may then choose to proceed with an out of state request.
- There is a $5 charge for out of state requests, due when the item is picked up by you. This is to cover any postage or shipping fees.
- Very occasionally, lending libraries will charge an additional fee to cover their costs. We will notify you if this is the case and ask for your permission to proceed.
For Lending Libraries:
- The library endeavors to make available the broadest range of materials for interlibrary loan. The library will not loan materials that have been published within the last six (6) months.
- The library also reserves the right to refuse to lend other materials or to ask a borrowing library to restrict use of materials lent.
- The library will send any requested item to the borrowing library on the next NHAIS van whenever possible. Van delivery and pick up at the Pelham Public Library is on Tuesday(s) except holidays observed by the New Hampshire State Library.
- For out-of- state libraries, items will be sent via media/library mail through the US postal service.
- The loan period will be six weeks unless otherwise specified. Renewals will be granted unless the material is needed by another patron of the library.
- The library will respond to all ILL requests within 3 working days by filling or denying the request, or by acknowledging a reserve.
- We respond to requests via NHU-PAC, telephone, email, or fax. Please see below for contact information.
- Borrowing libraries shall assume responsibility for returning materials in the same condition as received or compensating the Pelham Public Library for damages as requested.
- We reserve the right to refuse ILL privileges to any library shown to be habitually late in returning borrowed materials.
- We will bill any borrowing library for the full replacement cost of material(s) overdue by more than two months.
Pelham Public Library
24 Village Green
Pelham, NH 03076
Jennifer Rafferty / ILL/Circulation Librarian
Phone: 603-635-7581 x3061
NHAIS code: HSGC