Read Your Way Around the World!
This year, we’ll begin reading our way around the world, each month delving into a book written by an international author.
Join a diverse group of readers eager to discuss and sometimes debate our books! We encourage members to bring a treat to the meeting, either inspired by the book or the decade we are focusing on.
Meeting Dates and Selections:
- January: The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri. Tuesday, January 21 @ 6:30
- February: The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood. Tuesday, February 18 @ 6:30
- March: Caramelo by Sandra Cisneros. Tuesday, March 18 @ 6:30pm
- April: Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe. Tuesday, April 20 @ 6:30pm
- May: The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco. Tuesday, May 24 @ 6:30pm
- June: A Room with a View by E.M. Forster. Tuesday, June 24 @ 6:30pm.
- July: The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy. Tuesday July 22 @ 6:30pm.
- August: July’s People by Nadine Gordimer. Tuesday, August 19 @ 6:30pm.
- September: The Motorcycle Diaries by Che Guevara. Tuesday, September 23 @ 6:30pm.
- October: The Shipping News by Annie Proulx. Tuesday, October 23 @ 6:30pm.
- November : The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami. Tuesday, November 18 @ 6:30pm.
- December: This Blinding Absence of Light by Tahar Ben Jelloun. Tuesday, December 16 @ 6:30pm.